- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
It is my wish to get small children to connect with nature and people from different ethnicity. The places have been chosen to give you and the kids a fun experience of life in the North East. Guwahati is the melting pot and our trip starts here. We continue to Meghalaya for the adventures, water falls and music.
The rhino attracts everyone to Assam and at Pobitora national park you will get to see them. Please note the sunsets there at 4.45pm, so day light hours are precious.
Please note: The cost mentioned below is relevant to 10 / 12 adults traveling in May 2018. This tour can be replicated any time post the Monsoons. For a current update on pricing please write to us.
No details found.
GUWAHATIArrive at Guwahati airport and transfer to guesthouse for lunch and to freshen up. The guest house is old-worldy, on top of Kharguli Hill. It belongs to my aunt who has a great cook and space for the children to run about. Go on a sunset boat cruise in the evening. After which catch up on shopping (optional) while I take the kids back for an evening activity, bath and dinner.
CHERRAPUNJEEIn the morning, after an early breakfast head for Cherrapunjee (4.5hrs). On the way we will stop for sightseeing i.e. Elephant Falls and a picnic lunch. Check into hotel, evening walk and one activity for the kids.
CHERRAPUNJEEAfter breakfast, go explore the caves and waterfalls, Wander a bit around Cherrapunjee town. A local guide will accompany us. Evening jam session with local rock band "Apple Seed" at the hotel.
SHILLONGAfter breakfast, drive to Shillong (2hrs), go boating on Ward’s Lake or amble around. Those interested can visit the Don Bosco Centre for indigenous cultures. Go see the archery in the polo grounds and try your luck at a round of Teer. This is a favourite local sport, where you get your dream interpreted into a number and place a bet for that day's archery result. A Khasi or local Chinese meal either at City Dhaba, Deja Vu or Red Rice is recommended. Depending on how everyone is feeling visit Lady Hydra Park (great place for the kids to spend their energy). Parents are recommended to visit Barra Bazaar, one of the oldest local markets in the region. Adults can divide into two groups (optional) and take turns to visit the bazaar or the shops on Police Bazaar.
POBITORAAfter breakfast, drive down to Barapani, enjoy a snack or beverage by the lake and drive down to Pobitora (4 hrs). Check into hotel in time for lunch. There is a possibility of going on a safari early evening. In the evening there will be an activity for both adults and kids.
GUWAHATI AIRPORTEarly morning elephant ride. Return to hotel. After breakfast, check out of the hotel and proceed to the airport at Guwahati. En route stop for lunch.
- Accommodation in double/ twin bed room.
- Breakfast + 2 meals (1st day lunch, 2nd day picnic lunch).
- Transfer by Tempo Traveller.
- Evening activities for kids.
- One music performance at Cherrapunjee.
- A river cruise on the Brahmaputra in Guwahati.
- One elephant ride or a jeep safari at Pobitora.
- Local guide at Cherrapunjee.
- Drinking water, basic medical kit and light refreshment for the journey.
- Elephant safaris are subject to availability and permission granted by Forest Dept
- Road conditions are unpredictable in this region and could be under repair
- Re-routing or itinerary changes can be made by the guide
- There will be short distances of bad road between villages
- Itinerary changes are made to improve your overall experience
- Prices might change if there is an increase in fuel cost, hotel rate or taxes
Clients must be insured to cover the costs of medical emergencies/expenses incurred due to weather conditions, prevailing road conditions, political situations, natural calamities, change in flight schedule, mechanical malfunction, or any such unanticipated events or any Acts of God.
- Air fare
- Porter fees, tips, laundry or camera charges
- Meals or drinks unless mentioned above.
- Cultural activities, camera charges.
- Insurance, telephone charges
No Details Found